Sunday, April 11, 2010

Successful pre-selection Moreton Bay Region Art Awards

I'm pretty chuffed to have heard on Friday that my two entries into the Moreton Bay Region Art Awards have both been accepted into the exhibition. One is my sculpture Anticipating Avalon and the other is a digital photo from the Lovely Bones series I have done, based on the Skeleton Woman archetype in Women Who Run with the Wolves. I haven't done much digital work of late, and I have enjoyed getting back into it, especially since getting my new computer. Even though I don't technically live in Moreton Bay Shire, I live just over the boundary and so these awards are very local, which makes it all the more pleasing to be involved again.

You can see Anticipating Avalon on my website, but I haven't put the digital images up there yet, so here is the series: The first one is the one accepted into the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment