Sunday, April 18, 2010

New Work

I have been working on several new pieces over the last few months and one that is now complete is this one: The Bower. It started out as a mosaic piece years ago when I still thought I had to keep 'mosaic' and other materials separate. I don't know why I thought that - one of those rules you pick up along the way that are in fact a load of rubbish. It didn't work at all as a mosaic piece - just another very kitsch mosaic sculpture -  but now I quite like the slightly evil cockatooish bird that is collecting all sorts of odd things in its bower. There is currently A Royal Spoonbill evolving which is obviously closely related to this bird, so stay tuned for some pics when I am done. I am having a great time bringing these creatures into existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment