Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Morning after the Night Before

There are times when being an artist sucks really. If you are one and you've done a solo ever, then you know what I am talking about. Lots of time, effort and of course money goes in and once its all done, there's the crash and burn. I've come away from the opening with more doubts than anything else - not enough work, space wasn't right, particularly the massive white walls, not good enough - the usual. And now I am back at home surveying the wreckage that has accumulated over the last few weeks of me frenetically trying to be ready, knowing that the weekend is going to be all about tidying, sorting and cleaning!

Anyway, a big thanks to my wonderful friends and fam who showed up for support. Special thanks to Mel for being kind enough to make a purchase. So, onward and upward, vacuuming here I come!


 


2 comments:

  1. i can't imagine the amount of work that goes into a solo show, there is more then enough for me that has to get done in a group show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the big stressor of course is putting your heart and soul on display for everyone to judge. Good luck with your show!

      Delete